Texas officer kills woman while shooting at dog
A patrol officer accidentally shot and killed a woman when he fired repeatedly at a dog that was charging at him, authorities in the Dallas suburb of Arlington said.
Around the country:
- Baltimore: The Baltimore Police Department is investigating a report of a burglary that reportedly occurred at Rep. Elijah Cummings' home shortly before 4 a.m. ET on Saturday. Read more.
- New York City: New York Police Department Officer Daniel Pantaleo should be terminated following his controversial involvement in the death of Eric Garner, a departmental administrative judge officially recommended Friday. Read more.
- Texas: Harris County, Texas, filed a lawsuit against ExxonMobil on Thursday, one day after an explosion and fire at the company's Baytown plant. Read more.
- Ohio: A Kentucky man is accused of punching a 61-year-old protester outside an Ohio rally for President Donald Trump. Read more.
- Montana: The body of a child found in a remote part of Montana has been identified as Aiden Castiel Salcido, the toddler investigators had been looking for since his parents were found dead in an apparent murder-suicide last week, authorities said. Read more.
More states to offer 3rd gender option on licenses
Washington state and Pennsylvania will offer a third gender option on driver's licenses, so people who don't identify as female or male can choose X instead.
Lawmakers probe Capital One, Amazon
Capital One and Amazon are now facing congressional scrutiny over the banking giant's enormous data breach, disclosed on Monday, that affected roughly 100 million Americans.
- Trump says he will go ahead with new China tariffs that would hit iPhones and toys
- DOJ won't prosecute James Comey over handling of FBI memos
- Manhattan DA subpoenas Trump Organization in hush money investigation
- Trump slaps new sanctions on Russia over chemical weapons use
- US scaling back Afghanistan embassy at crucial moment in peace talks
- Prosecutor demands six months in prison for A$AP Rocky
- Jason Momoa joins protesters at Hawaii's Mauna Kea
- R. Kelly set to be arraigned in federal court in New York
- Pro wrestling legend Harley Race dies at 76