Follow latest updates on mass shooting in Dayton from Local 4's Larry Spruill
DAYTON, Ohio. – The nine people killed in a mass shooting in a popular neighborhood in Dayton, Ohio, early Sunday include the shooter's sister, Assistant Chief of Police Matt Carper said.
Police killed the gunman, identified as 24-year-old Connor Betts, less than a minute after he opened fire with a .223-caliber high-capacity gun, killing nine and wounding 27, authorities said.
The victims include:
- Lois L. Oglesby, female, 27
- Megan K. Betts, female, 22
- Saeed Saleh, male, 38
- Derrick R. Fudge, male, 57
- Logan M. Turner, male, 30
- Nicholas P. Cumer, male, 25
- Thomas J. McNichols, male, 25
- Beatrice N. Warren-Curtis, female, 36
- Monica E. Brickhouse, female, 39
All of the victims were found in the Oregon district of Dayton where the shooting took place, Carper said. The family members of all nine have been notified, Carper said.
Local 4's Larry Spruill is in Dayton with the latest updates:
Copyright 2019 by WDIV ClickOnDetroit - All rights reserved.