What's on tap this week around Southeast Michigan.
Happy Sunday! Our weekend edition of this newsletter will be a bit different from the normal Monday through Friday version. On Sundays, I'll try my best to get you ready for the week ahead. Let's take a look at what to keep an eye on this week.
- Michigan budget deadline: The deadline for Michigan to pass a budget is Oct. 1, or the state will have its first government shutdown since 2009. There has been movement leading up to the deadline, but it'll likely go down to the last minute.
- Red Wings start real games: After several preseason games, the Detroit Red Wings will start the regular season on Saturday, Oct. 5, in Nashville. Their home opener is Sunday against Dallas. Sign up for our Red Wings newsletter here to stay on top of things.
- Flavored vape ban begins: Businesses have until Oct. 2 to comply with Gov. Whitmer's ban on flavored vape products. Since her announcement, several other states have announced similar bans, as more vape-related deaths have been reported.
- Phil Collins at LCA: Can you feel it in the air tonight? Phil Collins is bringing his world tour to Detroit on Tuesday night. Su-Sussudio. That is all.
- Donut Fest at Eastern Market on Sunday: It's donuts. It's Eastern Market. What else could you ask for? Sample donuts and drink beer all afternoon in Detroit.
Hey, if you like this newsletter, let us know. We'd love your feedback. We also offer several other newsletters that probably cater to at least one of your interests -- unless you're only interested in towels. We don't have one for towels. Sorry.
Let's Link 🔗
Be sure to check in with ClickOnDetroit throughout the day for the latest news, weather and traffic. We're always working to keep you updated on the stories that matter most to you. We also like to have some fun along the way.