WDIV and ClickOnDetroit Dominate Detroit November Sweeps
No. 1 - Local 4 News at 4 p.m., 5 p.m., 6 p.m. and Late News
DETROIT – WDIV-Local 4 is the Detroit market leader across nearly all newscasts in the November TV sweeps period for Detroit (10/31-11/27), with first place finishes in key newscasts, access, and late-night programming.
WDIV Local 4’s first place newscast finishes include:
- Local 4 News First at 4 is No. 1 in the 4 p.m. time period across all the key demographics. Delivering with a 5.8 household rating/16 household share, which equates to 100,000 households, beating both The Now (WXYZ 4 p.m.) (2.1 HH RTG/6 HH SHR/36,000 HH) and Judge Judy (WJBK 4 p.m.) (3.4 HH RTG/10 HH SHR/60,000 HH). Our 4 p.m. posted marked increases across the key demographics, specifically +7% in Adults 25-54 rating and 18% in Women 25-54 rating over November 2018.
- Local 4 News at 5 p.m. continues its nine-year winning streak and is the leader in the time period. Local 4 News at 5 p.m. delivered a 7.9 household rating/18 household share, which equates to 137,000 households, beating both WXYZ (4.2 HH RTG/10 HH SHR/73,000 HH) and WJBK (3.8 HH RTG/9 HH SHR/66,000 HH). WDIV posted marked increases across the key demographics, specifically +33% in Adults 25-54 rating, winning at 5p.m. and increased 35% in Women 25-54 rating over November 2018.
- Local 4 News at 6 p.m. continues its No. 1 position across all demographics, with an 8.9 rating/19 share/154,000 households as compared to WXYZ (6.1 HH RTG/13 HH SHR/106,000 HH) and WJBK (3.0 HH RTG/6 HH SHR/53,000 HH). WDIV grew YTY, holding its position as Detroit’s No. 1 newscast, +16% in Adults 25-54 rating and 19% in Women 25-54 over last November.
- Local 4 News airing Monday through Sunday at 11 p.m. retains its title as Detroit’s No. 1 Late News delivering a 6.8 household rating/16 household share, which equates to 118,000 households. Local 4 News at 11p.m. beat WJBK’s 10 p.m. news with a 4.0 HH RTG /8 HH SHR /70,000 HH as compared to WXYZ (4.1 HH RTG/9 HH SHR/72,000 HH) and WJBK M-F 11 p.m. (2.8 HH RTG/6 HH SHR/48,000 HH). In addition, Local 4 News at 11 M-F p.m. is No. 1 across all the key demographics.
- WDIV-Local 4 also continues to be the leader in late night programming, claiming the No. 1 spot with first place finishes in Ellen, The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon and Saturday Night Live.
- In the all-important access period at 7 p.m. and 7:30 p.m., Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy! continue to dominate across all demographics with a 9.3 rating/18 share, which equates to 162,000 households compared to WXYZ’s 7 p.m. news and The List (3.9 HH RTG/8 HH SHR/68,000 HH) and WJBK’s TMZ/EXTRA (2.5 HH RTG/5 HH SHR / 44,000 HH). Wheel of Fortune/Jeopardy! grew 60% in Adults 25-54 rating and 75% in Women 25-54 rating over last November 2018.
At 6 a.m., Local 4 News Today, anchored by Rhonda Walker, Evrod Cassimy, Jason Carr, Brandon Roux and Kim DeGiulio, delivered a 3.6 HH rating and a 16 HH share, which equates to 63,000 households, placing a closed second to WJBK (4.0 HH rating/18 HH share/69,000 HH) at 6 a.m.
In other dayparts, WDIV’s mid-morning talker - Live in the D – finished at a close 2nd in the time period and delivered a 2.4 household rating / 8 household share, which equates to 41,000 households. This beat The Doctors on WXYZ (1.7 HH RTG/6 HH SHR/29,000 HH). Live in the D finished at a close 2nd across the board increasing its coveted Women 25-54 rating by 57% over last November.
To cap off the November Sweeps wins, WDIV’s website, ClickOnDetroit.com, is the No. 1 media website in Metro Detroit (comScore/2019 to date), already poised to finish November with over 5 million unique visitors. In fact, our livestream of the parade this year delivered 107,846 views, that is 62% higher than the 2018 parade livestream on ClickOnDetroit.com. We also delivered an 18.4 Household rating /40 share, which equates to 320,000 homes tuned into the Parade on WDIV/Local 4 yesterday.
“We appreciate all of our viewers and website users who turn to us to get their news, keep up with the weather and watch big events like “America’s Thanksgiving Parade,” said Vice President and General Manager Marla Drutz. “There’s a real partnership that has developed and a trust we never take for granted.”
Copyright 2019 by WDIV ClickOnDetroit - All rights reserved.