Authorities investigating home explosion in Warren
House was completely destroyed
WARREN, Mich. – Fire crews and police are investigating after a house exploded in Warren just before 6 p.m. Saturday.
Police said no one was inside the house when the explosion happened.
The house is located in the 20800 block of Le Fever Avenue near Eight Mile Road. After the explosion, fire crews battled large flames that overtook the home.
Neighbors for blocks said their houses shook from the explosion. One neighbor said the explosion was so powerful that they thought a car had struck their house.
According to Warren Police Commissioner Bill Dwyer, police believe it was a gas explosion and are investigating with Consumer Energy.
The investigation is ongoing.
Viewer videos from the scene can be watched above.
NEW DEVELOPMENT: Per police, no one was inside of the house when it exploded and it is being investigated as a “gas leak” pic.twitter.com/DMmgInj3zf— Koco (@KocoMcAboy) December 1, 2019
Here is video showing the flames from the house explosion that leveled a home on Lefever. Courtesy Alex Ionesco pic.twitter.com/Yutb2YYCE8— Koco (@KocoMcAboy) December 1, 2019
House is leveled on Lefever. Still no official word on injuries. pic.twitter.com/cY8tPLB2aH— Koco (@KocoMcAboy) December 1, 2019
Heavy smoke in the area as crews battle a house explosion in Warren. pic.twitter.com/DjlC35KEYE— Koco (@KocoMcAboy) December 1, 2019
Copyright 2019 by WDIV ClickOnDetroit - All rights reserved.