MACOMB COUNTY, Mich. - The chaos surrounding Karen Spranger continued Tuesday as officials announced a lawsuit against the Macomb County Clerk.
Macomb County Executive Mark Hackel and Macomb County Corp. Counsel John Schapka held a news conference at about 1:30 p.m. to discuss the suit.
A civil complaint was filed questioning the residency of Spranger, specifically where she lived as of April 2016 when she filed to run for office.
Hackel said a criminal investigation is underway.
Local 4 has been covering the Karen Spranger controversies over the last several months. Here are those stories:
- Spranger accused of perjury over 'uninhabitable' home in Warren
- Spranger's employees working in fear after security removed
- Simple report turns heated between Spranger and county officials
- Spranger answers claims that her office is 'hostile work environment'
- Spranger caught hiding moving boxes to block move to new building
- Emails reveal another battle between Macomb County officials, clerk Karen Spranger
- Spranger seeks lawyer for court battle with Hackel
- Spranger faces residency controversy
- Macomb County clerk hides in bathroom to avoid questions about dispute with county board
Copyright 2017 by WDIV ClickOnDetroit - All rights reserved.