DETROIT – An Air Quality Alert is in effect for Southeast Michigan today through this evening.
More clouds arrive this evening, and it remains warm and dry.
Wetter weather is on tap later tonight and Sunday morning. Sunday afternoon will be warm and brighter again. Fireworks weather looks fantastic before, during and after the big show.
What to know for the rest of the day.
Saturday evening will be very warm under partly to mostly cloudy skies. Temperatures will be in the 80s.
Sunset is at 9:12 p.m.
Saturday night will be warm. It becomes mostly cloudy with spotty showers. Overnight lows will be near 70 degrees.
What to expect for Sunday.
As a new frontal system arrives, Sunday scattered showers and thunderstorms are possible. The best chance of rain and lightning will occur during the morning and early afternoon. Showers and storms become more scattered in the afternoon with partly sunny skies. It will be very warm with highs in the middle and upper 80s.
Taking a look at next week.
- Monday is a big day for Detroit and Windsor because of the 2022 Ford Fireworks. It will be warm and comfortable with afternoon temperatures in the upper 70s. In the evening, as the sun sets, the mercury falls to the low 70s. When the first fireworks launch, there will be clear skies and temps in the upper 60s. Sweatshirts may be needed by the show’s finale to stay warm.
- Tuesday will be sunny and warmer. Highs will be in the low 80s.
- Wednesday becomes hotter under mostly sunny skies. Highs will be in the upper 80s.
- Thursday and Friday will be hot and humid. Highs will be in the low 90s with heat indices near 100 degrees.
· Track the live Michigan Weather Radar here
· Track severe weather alerts here
· Find more weather forecast articles at Weather Center
Remember to download the FREE Local4Casters weather app -- it’s easily one of the best in the nation. Just search your app store under WDIV and it’s right there available for both iPhones and Androids! Or click the appropriate link below.