ANN ARBOR – Briarwood Mall is marking Earth Day this year by partnering with a local branch of a global charity organization for a donation drive for community members in need.
The drive will be hosted in partnership with Dress for Success Michigan, which provides low-income women with professional attire to help advance their careers.
Here’s a list of items that will be accepted:
- Interview appropriate clothing including suits, pants, skirts, blouses, and blazers
- Modern jewelry and handbags
- Professional shoes
- Un-opened makeup and beauty products
- Unwanted gift cards
According to the event’s website, all accessories and clothing should show minimal signs of wear.
The following items will not be accepted:
- Athletic clothing
- Heavy coats and bulky fabrics
- Denim and leather
- Items with visible signs of wear
Community members can donate their gently used items at the mall in the Macy’s wing on Friday, April 22 from 1-4 p.m.
Those who donate items will receive a reusable shopping tote, while supplies last.
Briarwood Mall is located at 100 Briarwood Circle.