Tax Law Changes:
- Itemizing items going by the boards
- Tax prep fees
- Car registration fees
- Home office deduction
One group can still take these deductions: The self employed.
Here is the list of other itemized deductions ONLY the self employed can take now:
- Airline baggage fees
- Health insurance—including long term care
- Professional society membership dues
- Work uniforms
- Car for business use
- Business travel expenses including meals, lodging, laundry and business calls.
- Work-related entertainment and gifts