Michigan gas prices ticked down about 18 cents from last week, dropping below the $4.70 per gallon mark.
AAA reports Michigan drivers are now paying an average of $4.63 per gallon for regular unleaded. This price is 56 cents less than this time last month but still $1.36 more than this time last year
Motorists are paying an average of $69 for a full 15-gallon tank of gasoline; an increase of about $18 from when prices were their highest last November.
“Michigan motorists have seen pump prices drop 56 cents over the past month,” said Adrienne Woodland, spokesperson, AAA-The Auto Club Group. “If the recent supply/demand dynamics hold, drivers will likely continue to see pump prices decline.”
Ways to Save on Gasoline
- Combine errands to limit driving time.
- Shop around for the best gas prices in your community.
- Consider paying cash. Some retailers charge extra per gallon for customers who pay with a credit card.
- Remove excess weight in your vehicle.
- Drive conservatively. Aggressive acceleration and speeding reduces fuel economy.
You can use the map below to track average gas prices in Michigan by county, updated daily with AAA data: