Innovation is the heart of Detroit.
Manufacturers, builders, and educators drive the future of our region -- and the entire world. Meet the Innovators right here in our region leading the way into the future.
Know an innovator? Use the form below to share their story.
Midwest Steel, a full service contractor, headquartered in Detroit, Michigan serving North America, Mexico and Canada, with locations in Petersburg, Indiana, Cape Canaveral, Florida and Ontario, Canada.
- Midwest Steel: Committed to early involvement steel strategy
- WATCH: Midwest Steel talks about their culture, contributions to the industry
At BASF, we create chemistry for a sustainable future. We combine economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility. Through science and innovation we enable our customers in nearly every industry to meet the current and future needs of society.
BASF Corporation is the largest affiliate of BASF SE and the second largest producer and marketer of chemicals and related products in North America.
- 5 ways material science is driving autonomous vehicle safety and design
- WATCH: BASF talks about how chemistry is shaping the future of mobility
Private, nonprofit, and accredited, Northwood University specializes in managerial and entrepreneurial education at a full-service, residential campus located in mid-Michigan. Northwood is committed to preparing students for success in their careers and in their communities; promoting critical thinking skills, personal effectiveness, and the importance of ethics, individual freedom and responsibility. Learn more at www.northwood.edu.
- Northwood University: Driving the Business of the Automotive Industry Forward
- WATCH: Northwood University talks about automotive specialty programs, NAIAS
Tata Technologies makes product development dreams a reality by designing, engineering and validating the products of tomorrow for the world’s leading manufacturers.
With more than 9,000 professionals serving clients worldwide, Tata Technologies is the manufacturing industry’s premier partner for advanced engineering, research and development, product lifecycle management consultancy and software, and connected enterprise IT solutions. For more information, please visit www.tatatechnologies.com.
- Tata Technologies – A Global Leader in Outsourced Engineering and Technology Partner to the Manufacturing Industry
- WATCH: Tata Technologies talks about new innovations and their move to Detroit
ZF is a global leader in driveline and chassis technology as well as active and passive safety technology. The company has a global workforce of 146,000 with approximately 230 locations in some 40 countries. In 2017, ZF achieved sales of $41.7 billion and as such, is one of the largest automotive suppliers worldwide. Since 1979 ZF has brought that leadership to North America where it now employees 30,800 employees.
ZF enables vehicles to see, think and act. The company invests more than six percent of its sales in research and development annually – in particular for the development of efficient and electric drivelines and also in striving for a world without accidents. With its broad portfolio, ZF is advancing mobility and services for passenger cars, commercial vehicles and industrial technology applications.
- Read about how ZF is quickly becoming one of the trailblazers that is revolutionizing mobility
- WATCH: ZF talks about their new technologies
Meet the Innovators
Do you know an innovator changing the auto world? Share their story using the form below. (Can't see the form? Try here.)