Andiamo Scottish Salmon and Grape Vierge
Live in the D - Scottish Salmon
Quantity Unit Ingredient
2 fl oz Extra virgin olive oil
1½ lb scotland salmon
2 oz whole blanched hazelnuts
4 tbl unsalted butter
8 oz Spanish onion julienned
8 oz fennel bulb julienned
to taste salt and pepper
2 fl oz heavy cream
4 pinch Italian parsley
6 fl oz Grape Vierge
• Portion the salmon at 6 ounces.
• Season and dust with ground hazelnuts to sear until golden and crisp, finish in oven until medium-medium well doneness.
• In same hot pan, add the butter and caramelize the onions, cook until just beginning to brown.
• Add the fennel and the cream, and salt/pepper, cook until reduced.
• Plate with onion-fennel ragu on bottom and top with the salmon fillet, garnish cross-wise with the grape vierge.
Quantity Unit Ingredients
¼ cup oven roasted yellow tomatoes
¼ cup oven roasted red tomatoes
1 cup green seedless grapes halved
2 tbl peeled shallots minced
1 clove peeled garlic minced
¼ cup golden raisins
½ cup lemon juice
¼ cup lime juice
1 tbl fresh chervil chopped
1 tbl Italian parsley chopped
1 tbl fresh chives minced
1 tsp Hungarian paprika
1 pinch cayenne pepper
as needed salt and pepper
as needed cracked black pepper fresh milled
• Combine the minced shallots, garlic, raisins and citrus juices together to soften the raisins while you prep the other items
• In large bowl, combine the drained tomatoes, grapes, herbs, spices and seasonings (slight pinch only of cayenne)
• Add the raisin mixture and combine all ingredients
• Season as needed with salt and freshly milled cracked pepper