Detroit Symphony Orchestra
The Cube Coordinator will provide primary administrative support for @ THE MAX programming in the areas of artist and events logistical needs, marketing, and strategic partnerships.
The Cube Coordinator will act as a liaison with guest artists, artist managements, partners and venues. This position requires a high level of professionalism, tact and integrity due to the frequency of internal/external contacts and exposure to confidential information.
This position is part-time. Yearly average of hours worked are less than 30 hours per week.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Manages the logistical follow-up as it relates to visiting artists, including hotels, transportation, rehearsals, post-concert entertainment, etc.
- Assists in monitoring contracts to assure that provisions of contract and contract riders are fulfilled
- Enter event details for all CUBE activity in EMS, the DSO's Events Management System, and generate events sheets to be shared with production team.
- Arranges catering for artists with internal or external vendors as needed
- Build key partnerships with local restaurants/food trucks, artisans and beverage vendors to create a "happy hour" feel that encourages social interaction before and during concerts.
- Support overall ticket campaign goals, including list development in Tessitura and brokerage for and emails; media placements; design coordination; and grassroots and digital campaigns.
- Work closely with the stage and production staff to communicate all necessary information for planning and execution of programs.
- Collaborates with the Communications team to maximize all public relations and marketing initiatives
- Partners with Community Engagement and Learning team to plan workshops and masterclasses
- Collaboratively researches ticketing prices and audience participation in similar markets to assist the Director with artistic planning
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
The Ideal Candidate:
- High School diploma. (required)
- Strong computer skills–knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word; willingness to learn database software.
- Creative, resourceful, and detail-oriented.
- Self-starter with entrepreneurial spirt
- Must demonstrate initiative, strong organizational skills and be able to thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills–applied to working directly with vendors and key internal staff members.
- Willingness to work non-traditional hours including nights and weekends.
- Experience in marketing/sales experience (preferred)
- Passionate about connecting people from all walks of life to live music experiences and visual arts, a plus!
Primary Reporting Responsibility: Managing Director & Curator, @ THE MAX
Secondary Reporting Responsibility: Vice President and General Manager
How to apply
Send resumes and cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Copyright 2018 by WDIV ClickOnDetroit - All rights reserved.