Fundraising Events Specialist
Detroit Symphony Orchestra
Reporting to the Senior Director of Advancement is the Fundraising Events Specialist, responsible for creating, planning and executing successful special events for the DSO, in order to build stronger relationships with donors and institutional partners with an emphasis on engagement and cultivation.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Devise and manage master event calendar, in coordination with other departments.
- Design and execute signature events (New Year's Eve Bash, Classical Roots and Heroes Gala), as well as, major gift announcements, season kickoffs, lecture series, corporate sponsor receptions, etc.
- Responsible for being the driving force behind ensuring income is generated from assigned special events in the portfolio
- Develop team strategy to achieve revenue goals
- Plan, manage, and execute all aspects of donor and sponsor events including: budgeting, site selection, event collateral, catering, volunteer management, event timelines, mailing lists, event production, sponsorship fulfillment, working with committees and post-event follow up.
- Research event ideas, venues, and potential panelists and speakers as directed.
- Create and maintain timelines and manuals for event planning as an institutional record.
- Contribute to publications, print materials, and the website to promote DSO Advancement events and programming.
- Create formal written reports for each event, detailing successes, challenges and recommendations for following years
- Plan intimate dinners with the Music Director, guest artists, and DSO Musicians pre and post-concert for Gabrilowitsch Society members (donors $10K+), other major donors and prospects.
- Ensure participation and integration of DSO Musicians and artistic staff in advancement events.
- Support other department projects as needed.
Qualifications and Skills
- 5 years of experience in event coordination, leadership and fundraising success
- Bachelor's degree or related experience required
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, formulating multi-year strategies and conceiving the plans required to achieve the strategy
- Must be able to generate creative ideas for holistic event planning from start to finish
- Project management skills with a track record of exceeding expectations while delivering on-time and on-budget results in a complex, fast-paced environment where autonomy work coupled with the ability to lead teams of peers and subordinates
- Strong computer skills required, including Microsoft Office
- An understanding of the dynamics of customer loyalty and retention a plus
- Experience with databases, especially Tessitura, a plus
Personal Attributes and Competencies
- Dynamic self-starter with entrepreneurial spirit
- Action-oriented, decisive, quick study with proven ability to accurately analyze information and act
- Must have exemplary attention to detail
- High energy with a positive attitude and the ability to provide superior patron service
- Ability to work well under pressure; persistence, perseverance, tenacity, integrity and patience
- Must be able to work independently but keep the Advancement updated on event progress.
- Ability to cope with high volume of work and strict deadlines
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and to multi-task
How to apply
Send resumes and cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright 2018 by WDIV ClickOnDetroit - All rights reserved.