SMART bus catches fire in Troy facility

No injuries caused by fire

TROY, Mich. – The Troy Fire Department says that one bus caught fire Monday in the SMART bus facility at 2021 Barrett Street in Troy.

Fire fighters went into the facility and fought through smoke to find a one commercial passenger bus burning and threatening the other buses parked nearby.

The fire fighters were able to make it through the smoke to the bus and extinguish the fire before it damaged any other buses.

Authorities say there were no injuries caused by the fire. The SMART facility was able to continue as normal.