49ºF

Neighbor rescues woman from burning home caused by downed power line in Southwest Detroit

DETROIT – Live wires came down Wednesday afternoon in Southwest Detroit during a High Wind Warning causing a home to catch fire.

According to witnesses, the wires were hitting the side of the house and caused the shingles on the roof to ignite.

A neighbor rushed into the home and rescued a woman who lives in the home. 

The homeowner told Local 4 he doesn’t have home insurance.

Stay with Local 4 and ClickonDetroit.com as more information becomes available.