DETROIT – A new Starbucks Reserve will open in the Westin Book Cadillac on Oct. 2.
The 1,700 square foot cafe, located at the corner of Michigan Avenue and Washington Boulevard, is opening as part of renovations ot the hotel, which celebrating its 10-year anniversary.
The Starbucks Reserve, which serves small-batch coffees, was designed by Aconcepts, Inc. and built by The Braun Company. The new cafe sits 42 including 18 more on an outdoor patio.
The shop design includes a new floor to ceiling glass front facing the street level lobby. Customers will be able to enter from the hotel lobby or through a new Michigan Avenue entrance. The renovation budget was $750,000.
“We are truly looking forward to the opening of Starbucks Reserve. It will be a great offering for our hotel guests and visitors as well as adding a new downtown Detroit experience,” said Westin Book Cadillac Detroit General Manager Deb Schultz in a press release.
The cafe is planning some special offers for its opening.
First day customers will receive a complimentary pastry with a purchase of any size of Starbucks coffee. The offer is valid from Oct. 2-8.
All proceeds from Oct. 2 will benefit Children’s Miracle Network. Since 1988, Beaumont has been the only Children’s Miracle Network Hospital in Southeast Michigan. One hundred percent of the donations raised in Southeast Michigan stay within the community, to fund exceptional programs and services, vital pediatric equipment and scholarships for families struggling to afford care.
- Small lot coffees from around the world using the highly precise Clover ® brewing system
- Customer favorite Starbucks blends will be offered
- The first in metro Detroit to feature Nitro Coffee, a nitrogen infused cold brew coffee with naturally sweet flavors and velvety crema
- A food menu to include pastries, sandwiches and salads
Hours of operation
- Monday – Saturday – 6:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Sunday – 7:00 a.m. to 7 p.m.