DEARBORN HEIGHTS, Mich. – English Gardens locations are raising money for breast cancer research during October, Breast Cancer Awareness Month.
The family-owned Michigan company is asking customers to round up their purchases to the nearest whole dollar or more to be donated. The company said 100 percent of the money raised will be donated to the Barbara Ann Karmanos Cancer Institute.
"We launched our 'Round Up Your Purchase' program in August, and have received a very positive response from customers," English Gardens President John Darin said. "We've partnered with the Barbara Ann Karmanos Cancer Institute in the past and have raised more than $ 46,000 for breast cancer research."
Breast Cancer Awareness Month is to increase awareness about prevention, early detection and research.
"We are truly grateful for the continued generosity of the English Gardens' family and the outstanding support by its loyal customers whose donations help raise awareness of this disease and fuel the cancer research program at Karmanos Cancer Institute," said Katrina Studvent, chief development officer at Karmanos Cancer Institute.
All seven English Gardens are participating in the fundraiser:
- Ann Arbor, 155 N. Maple at Jackson in the Maple Village Shopping Center
- Clinton Township, 44850 Garfield Road at Hall Road
- Dearborn Heights, 22650 Ford Road at Outer Drive
- Eastpointe, 22501 Kelly Road at Nine Mile Road
- Highland, Colasanti's Greenhouse, 468 S. Milford Road
- Royal Oak-Troy, 4901 Coolidge Highway
- West Bloomfield, 6370 Orchard Lake Road
For more information about the "Round Up Your Purchases" program, call 1-800-335-GROW.