"The rainbow after the storm" -- Gumchix/StormPins
Happy Independence Day! ... it's a hot one. And just like each day this week there is a chance for some scattered thunderstorms. The muggy feeling will be accompanied by pop up showers and thunderstorms in the late afternoon. The Local 4Casters do not expect any washouts, so don't cancel your outdoor plans. Make sure you have a backup plan, though, and be aware that thunderstorms could be lurking.
Stay safe! Stay hydrated! Have a great holiday!
Check the latest forecast at ClickOnDetroit.com/WeatherCenter.
Here are the major lane closures in Metro Detroit to keep in mind:
- I-75 in Oakland County: Two lanes open in each direction between Chrysler Drive and Square Lake Road.
- I-75 in Oakland County: Two lanes open in each direction between Coolidge Road and 13 Mile Road.
- I-75 in Detroit: Northbound and southbound ramps to westbound I-94 closed and detoured.
- I-94 in Detroit: Eastbound ramp to northbound M-10 closed and detoured.
Always check the live Traffic Map here.
What's open on the 4th
Stores open: Aldi, Bed Bath and Beyond, Best Buy, Big Lots, CV, Home Depot, Kmart, Kohl's, Lowe's, Meijer, Menards, Michaels, Nordstrom and Rack, PetSmart, Sam's Club, Target, Walgreens, Walmart, Whole Foods
Stores closed: Costco
Restaurants open: Applebees, Benihana, Bonefish Grill, Boston Market, Buca di Beppo, Buffalo Wild Wings, Burger King, California Pizza Kitchen, Chipotle, IHOP, Olive Garden, Panera Bread
Celebrate Independence Day with The Salvation Army 🛍️
Save big at The Salvation Army thrift stores during the annual Fourth of July Sale. Visit any of the 35 southeast Michigan locations to enjoy 50 percent off men's, women's and children's clothing on Thursday, July 4. All stores will have extended hours from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. for the one day sale.
Pay attention to your pets during the holiday! 🐕
Veterinarians say they see a spike in visits to pet emergency rooms during this summer holiday weekend. Pets often suffer from fireworks injuries, heat stroke, food illnesses and general outdoor hazards. Look out for pets this weekend just as you would any other loved one!
🇺🇸 American Flag trade-in
The public is invited to trade in their used Old Glories for new 3-foot by 5-foot American flags at all Art Van Furniture locations today. Art Van Furniture says it will retire the old flags and respectfully dispose of them in accordance with the US Flag Code.
Local 4th of July events:
- 9 a.m. Clawson parade -- Fireworks later in the evening 🎆
- 10 a.m. -- Wyandotte parade
- 11 a.m. -- Ypsilanti parade
- 12 p.m. -- Michigan Rib Fest in Lake Orion 🐖
🗓️ Here's what's on the calendar:
- Today -- DSO plays Greenfield Village 🎷🎺🎻🥁 -- today, Friday, Saturday and Sunday (Gates open 6 p.m.)
- Today -- Cirque Italia Water Circus in Saline 🇮🇹🎪
- July 5 -- Snoop Dogg plays the Aretha Franklin Amphitheatre
- July 18-21 -- Ann Arbor Art Fair -- here's what to know
- July 20 -- Jeff Lynne's ELO at Little Caesars Arena
- July 21 -- Taco Showdown Detroit 2019 at Eastern Market
- July 22 -- Taste Fest 2019 at Jimmy Johns Field
- July 23 -- NAACP National Convention Diversity Career Fair at Cobo Center
- July 26 -- Ypsilanti Summer Beer Festival
- July 27-28 -- MO POP Festival 2019
Check the Live Guide calendar for more local events, and post your own.
The next round of our Cassic Rock Bracket will start next week -- vote now!
Exclusive Deal: 50% off tickets to the Renaissance Festival ⚔️♞
It's available for a limited-time - you can only buy these tickets for a 50% discount through Aug. 17.
Here's a link to learn more about the 2019 Renaissance Festival. This year's festival runs weekends and Labor Day, Aug. 17 to Sept. 29. The fun all happens at 12600 Dixie Hwy, Holly, MI 48442 (Map)
Adventure awaits! Purchase your half-off tickets here!
📷 Today's Featured Photo: "The rainbow after the storm" -- Gumchix/StormPins
Submit your photo:
- Hit us up on Instagram -- @local4news