A beautiful view of the Detroit skyline from the Detroit Princess. 📷 regina.hollingshead/pins
Some of us finally saw some rain on Sunday and Monday, but if you missed out on the showers, Tuesday is your day. It's the best chance for showers and storms of the week, mainly in the morning and early to mid-afternoon hours.
It's also going to be really humid. Ick!
Check the latest forecast at ClickOnDetroit.com/WeatherCenter.
Nothing all too noteworthy for Tuesday, but there are a couple of projects starting this week:
- NB M-39 from Lafayette Blvd to Porter Ave left two lanes closed for construction starting on Wednesday. This will last about two weeks.
- SB M-5 from Pontiac Trail to Maple Rd left two lanes closed for construction starting Wednesday. This will last about 10 days.
- SB US-24 (Telegraph Rd) from Pennsylvania Road to West Road closed for construction starting Thursday. This will last just a few days.
- WB I-94 from I-96 to Michigan Ave closed for construction starting Friday, lasting through the weekend.
Check the live Traffic Map here.
Public viewing for L. Brooks Patterson
Oakland County Executive L. Brooks Patterson died Saturday morning of pancreatic cancer at the age of 80. Patterson's public viewing will be Tuesday from 1-7 p.m. at the Conference Center of the L. Brooks Patterson Building at 2100 Pontiac Lake Road. Full funeral arrangement info can be found here.
Arts, Beats & Eats music lineup revealed 🎶 🎭
The music and entertainment lineup for this year's Arts, Beats & Eats in Royal Oak will be revealed Tuesday morning. The 22nd annual event will be held from Aug. 30 to Sept. 2. More than 330,000 attended the event last year. ClickOnDetroit will have the full lineup later today.
National Night Out 2019 🚓
National Night Out is an annual community-building campaign that promotes police-community partnerships and neighborhood camaraderie to make our neighborhoods safer, more caring places to live. Police departments around Southeast Michigan are particpating by holding community events for the whole family. Find out more here.
🗓️ Here's what's on the calendar:
- Aug. 8 -- World Cat Day 🐱
- Aug. 8 -- Lions open preseason against New England 🏈
- Aug. 8 -- National Book Lovers Day 📚 ❤️
- Aug. 9 -- Ribs RnB Music Festival Weekend in Hart Plaza
- Aug. 12 -- Backstreet Boys at Little Caesars Arena 🕺🏻
- Aug. 12 -- Middle Child Day 👪
- Aug. 15 -- Boyz II Men at MGM Grand Detroit
- Aug. 17 -- ⚔️♞ Renaissance Festival begins!
- Aug. 17 -- Woodward Dream Cruise 🚗
- Aug. 23 -- Daryl Hall and John Oates at Michigan Lottery Amphitheatre 🎹
- Aug. 29 -- Michigan State Fair begins 🎡
- Aug. 30 -- Arts, Beats and Eats weekend 🖼️ 🎶 🍔
- Aug. 30 -- Detroit Jazz Festival kicks off 🎷
Check the Live Guide calendar for more local events, and post your own.
Today in history: Legendary Lucille Ball is born 📜
On this day in 1911, Lucille Desiree Ball, one of America’s most famous redheads and beloved comic actresses, is born near Jamestown, New York. Ball died at age 77 on April 26, 1989.
WWE Smackdown Live at Little Caesars Arena 🤼
WWE SmackDown LIVE will bring all the SmackDown Superstar action back to Little Caesars Arena in The District Detroit on Tuesday at 7:45 p.m.
National Root Beer Float Day 😋
A&W restaurants in the Detroit-area will give away free Root Beer floats and collect donations for Disabled American Veterans (DAV) on Tuesday from 2:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
If you haven't gotten in on this Renaissance Festival tickets discount, do it now! Seriously, you can't lose here, and it's a GREAT time over at the festival. It's available for a limited-time -- you can only buy these tickets for a 50% discount through Aug. 17.
Here's a link to learn more about the 2019 Renaissance Festival. This year's festival runs weekends and Labor Day, Aug. 17 to Sept. 29. The fun all happens at 12600 Dixie Hwy, Holly, MI 48442.
Adventure awaits! Purchase your half-off tickets here!
📷 Today's Featured Photo: A beautiful view of the Detroit skyline from the Detroit Princess. 📷 regina.hollingshead/pins
Submit your photo:
- Hit us up on Instagram -- @local4news
Send us a News Tip here.