6 people hurt in house fire in SW Detroit; candles may be to blame
Home had lost power
DETROIT – Six people were hurt in a house fire Thursday morning in Southwest Detroit.
Video shows the house burning on Whittaker near Springwells Street.
One 2-year-old boy was hurt. The five others hurt were adults. They all suffered minor burns and smoke inhalation. They're expected to be OK.
Investigators say the fire appears to be accidental. The home had lost power and the family was using candles for light. That may have led to this fire.
Copyright 2019 by WDIV ClickOnDetroit - All rights reserved.