GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. – Grand Rapids has been the United States’ “Beer City” for 10 years.
It has experienced the many different waves of craft beer. From the pioneers of the beverage to microbrewing, Grand Rapids has seen it all.
Beer lovers now have a chance to celebrate the anniversary every Wednesday from June 29 to Aug. 31. Those interested can enter the Experience Grand Rapids 10 years of Beer City USA contest. Winnings include a Grand Rapids beer experience, an overnight stay in a Grand Rapids hotel, two culture passes and a Visa gift card.
Anyone over the age of 21 can enter, and entrants must be registered on the Beer City Brewsader app to qualify. Click here for the full giveaway rules.
Below are the different winnings that will take place over the 10 weeks:
- Great Lakes Pub Cruiser - Includes a one-night stay at the Hyatt Place Downtown. Tour of Grand Rapids via Pub Cruiser’s Hop Cycle.
- Grand Rapids Beer Tours - Includes a one-night stay at Morton Hotel and a walking beer tour for two.
- Grand Rapids Running Tour- THis tale of beer city includes a one-night stay at the Holiday Inn Grand Rapids Downtown, 2 Beer City logo glasses, a $20 Founders gift card and a Tale of Beer City tour for two people.
- Founders Brewing CO. Experience - Includes a one-night stay at the AC Hotel by Marriott, a tour for two people at Founders Brewing Co and a $100 Founders gift card.
- Bridge Street Walking Tour - Includes a one-night stay at the JW Marriott and a walking tour of the breweries on Bridge Street.
- Raise a Glass Beer Tour - Includes a one-night stay at the Courtyard by Marriott and a guided beer tour for two.
- Tour Around Michigan Beer - Includes a two-night stay at CityFlats hotel and a guided brewery walking tour.
- Wine, Beer and Food Fest - Includes two tickets to the festival that will be held in November.
- Grand Rapids Ultimate Beer Walking Tour - Includes a one-night stay at the Amway Grand Plaza Hotel and a brewery walking tour for two.
- Beer City Brewsader Experience - Includes a two-night stay at the Canopy by Hilton and a $25 gift card to eight different Grand Rapids Breweries. After checking out all eight downtown breweries, you’ll be classified as a Beer City Brewsader.
From Brewery Vivant to Founders Brewing Company, the Grand Rapids area has its fair share of breweries. Founders Brewing Company started in 1997 after becoming the city’s largest brewery. They helped shape the beer culture within Grand Rapids. A 2019 study by the Anderson Economic Group LLC reported that 94,000 people visited the Beer City and spent close to $24 million in Kent County that year alone.
Below is a map of Grand Rapids breweries:
If you plan on visiting, download the Beer City Brewsader Passport!
Want to have brew news sent straight to your email? Click here to sign up for ClickOnDetroit’s newest newsletter Craft & Barrel.
Here are some other Brew News making headlines: