The 2022 NCAA Men’s Basketball Tournament field is set as March Madness returns with fans for the first time since 2019.
The 2022 bracket was revealed on Sunday afternoon after the conclusion of the Big Ten championship game in Indianapolis. Michigan and Michigan State were the only two local teams in the mix for an invite to the dance.
Michigan State earned a No. 7 seed, Tom Izzo’s 24th straight tournament appearance. The Wolverines made it in as a No. 11 seed, and will open the first round of the tournament on Thursday.
Michigan and Michigan State games -- Here’s what we know:
- No. 7 Michigan State will face No. 10 Davidson on Friday, March 18.
- Tip off time: 9:40 p.m.
- TV info: CBS
- The game is in Greenville, South Carolina in the West Region of the bracket.
- MSU would play the winner of Duke and CS Fullerton, if they beat Davidson.
- No. 11 Michigan will face No. 6 Colorado State on Thursday, March 17.
- Tip off time: 12:15 p.m.
- TV info: CBS
- The game is in Indianapolis in the South Region.
- Michigan would play the winner of Tennessee and Longwood, if they beat Colorado State.
The No. 1 overall seed in the tournament this year in Gonzaga, their 5th No. 1 seed in school history, holding down the West Region. Arizona is the No. 1 seed in the South Region. Baylor and Kansas are the other top seeds.
The Spartans finished the season with a 22-12 record, including an 11-9 conference record. The Wolverines ended with a 17-14 record, also 11-9 in the Big Ten.
No other Michigan schools made the men’s basketball bracket this season. Eastern, Western and Central finished near the bottom of the MAC this year.
2022 NCAA Tournament bracket: Download, view or print full bracket here