DETROIT – Here is the Metro Detroit weather forecast update for Nov. 17, 2021 afternoon and evening.
Rain continues this evening
- We’ve had a few light showers and sprinkles through the day today, but more scattered rain moves in this evening.
- A few light showers may linger past midnight, but we should be drying out overnight.
- A few flakes are possible Thursday, but few and far between.
Return of the cold
- We’re in the 60s this afternoon, we’ll be lucky to make it into the 40s tomorrow afternoon. (The high tomorrow will be at midnight in the upper 40s).
- It stays cool for the foreseeable future, with the coldest air arriving Monday/Tuesday next week as afternoon temperatures will only be in the upper 30s.
Rain/snow mix next week
- The next shot for rain returns Sunday, and as this system exits Monday it drags down some cold air and likely a few snow showers as well for Monday.
- A few of these flakes may linger into Tuesday.
Other weather headlines
Partial lunar eclipse
- Lunar eclipse overnight Thursday into Friday morning.
- It starts at 1:02 a.m., is maximized at 4:02 a.m., and ends at 7:03 a.m. (Times for the airport in Romulus
- While the Moon won’t be 100% covered in the Earth’s shadow, it’ll be 97%, so it should look pretty red.
- FORECAST: Still thinking we’ll see enough clearing to see this as clouds should be breaking in time, but can’t rule out a few clouds here and there.