DETROIT – Here is the Metro Detroit weather forecast update for April 21, 2022.
Rain chances this weekend
- Rain is set to return later Friday into very early Saturday.
- The arrival will be around 4 p.m. Friday, and while there may be a rumble of thunder, the severe threat is next to none.
- Rain should exit by sunrise, so pretty much all day Saturday is dry.
- More rain comes later Sunday into the morning hours of Monday. But Sunday morning looks dry, if you have plans.
70s this weekend
- Sunshine is helping to warm us up Thursday afternoon into the 60s, but Friday, we drop back to the upper 50s for highs.
- Don’t worry -- the 70s return Saturday and Sunday. Both days, a spot or two may even touch 80!
Back to cooler temperatures next week
- The warmth won’t last forever. We’re back to the 50s next week, starting Tuesday with the chance for a few light showers.
One-month, three-month outlooks released
- The May outlook is leaning towards a cooler month and slightly above-normal precipitation (not much).
- The May through July outlook is not giving us a strong signal for being above or below normal for temperatures, but it’s indicating slightly above-normal precipitation.