ANN ARBOR, Mich. – The City of Ann Arbor is set to re-open Fuller Park Pool on July 1 with limited capacity and operational changes.
Guests to the pool will be limited due to physical distancing requirements and executive order requirements by Michigan Governor Gretchen Whitmer, according to a statement by Ann Arbor Parks and Recreation.
Visitors are required to register for 90-minute sessions for lap swimming or family swimming. Each session will include 80 minutes of swimming and 10 minutes of time to gather belongings and exit the pool deck.
Registration begins today and can be done up to five days in advance through the Parks and Recreation website.
Swimmers will also be asked to sign a social distancing waiver and agree to a health screening the day of their reservation.
Guests will need to bring their own pool supplies as life jackets, kickboards, deck chairs and other supplies will not be available. Access to changing rooms will be limited so swimmers should arrive and leave dressed in their own swimming gear.
Masters swimming programs, swim lessons and pool rentals will not be offered and the Fuller Park Pool water slide is still closed.
✉ Like what you’re reading? Sign up for our email newsletter here!
The pool has been broken into four sections: lap lanes, Family space: Shallow End, Family space: Lane 1 and Family space: Deep End.
The lap lanes and Family space: Deep End are designated for swimmers ages 16 and older while Family space: Shallow End and Family space: Lane 1 are intended for younger guests.
Groups up to six people living in the same household are able to use the Family Spaces.
Sections of the pool will be assigned to groups upon registration. Each section has been given a number, color and shape to help guests find their designated area.
Find details about the different pool sections here.
Here is the weekly schedule:
- Lap swim lane 1, Monday to Sunday, 6 a.m. to 10:30 a.m., 7:30p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Lap swim lane 2, Monday to Friday, 6 a.m. to 9 p.m.; Saturday and Sunday, 6 a.m. to 10:30 a.m., 7:30 to 9 p.m.
- Lap swim lanes 3–7, Monday to Sunday, 6 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Family space – Shallow End, Lane 1 and Deep End Monday to Sunday, 10:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- Family Space – Lane 2, Saturday and Sunday, 10:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.
Fuller Park Pool Fees:
- Adults -- $5
- Senior (55 or older) -- $4
- Family -- $5 for the first adult and $4 for each additional member (up to 5 members)
Outdoor pools at Buhr Park and Veterans Memorial will remain closed for the year.
Fuller Park Pool is at 1519 Fuller Rd.