Guernsey Farms issues voluntary recall of dairy products
NORTHVILLE, Mich. – Guernsey Farms Dairy, of Northville, is conducting a voluntary recall of dairy products due to a failure of equipment used to verify proper pasteurization during processing.
The recall affects five specific products. These products were primarily distributed in southeast Michigan.
No illnesses have been associated with the products and the recall is out of an abundance of caution.
The products included in the recall include:
• Guernsey Farms Dairy skim milk, gallon size, with a code date of October 20, 2016;
• Guernsey Farms Dairy egg nog, quarts and half-gallons, with a code date of October 21, 2016;
• Guernsey Farms Dairy ½ percent milk, half-gallon size, with a code date of October 11, 2016;
• Guernsey Farms Dairy Butter Pecan ice cream, 48-ounce size, with a product code of 27116; and
• Guernsey Farms Dairy French Vanilla ice cream, 48-ounce size, with a product code of 27016
Consumers who have purchased any of these recalled products should properly dispose of them or return them to the place of purchase for a replacement product.
Copyright 2016 by WDIV ClickOnDetroit - All rights reserved.