DTE Energy power outage map: Here's how to check it
DTE Energy says there are thousands of customers without power.
The winds were gusty and a real nuisance this Sunday around Metro Detroit.
How to check the outage map
You can find the DTE Outage Map here or on the DTE Energy app.
Safety Tips During a Storm
- Stay at least 20 feet away from downed power lines and anything they are in contact with, including puddles of water and fences. Keep children and pets away too.
- Be extremely cautious near metal fences, which conduct electricity, following a severe storm. Electric current will be the strongest where a downed power line is touching a metal fence. Even a connecting fence several backyards away can be energized and dangerous.
- Never cross yellow barrier tape. It may be around downed power lines.
- Never drive across downed power lines. If a power line falls on your vehicle, remain inside your car until emergency help arrives.
- A live power line may spark and whip around as it looks for a ground. A ground is the earth or something touching the earth, like a fence or a tree. A live wire that has found its ground may lie silently, but it is still dangerous. Report a downed power line online, on the DTE Energy Mobile App or call us immediately at 800.477.4747.
- Cable or telephone lines can be energized if they come in contact with electrical lines.Contact with any energized power line can be fatal.
Copyright 2019 by WDIV ClickOnDetroit - All rights reserved.