DETROIT – Broadway shows will be returning in Detroit later this year with the “Rent 25th Anniversary Farewell Tour” at Fisher Theatre.
“In October, it will be 60 years since the Fisher Theatre reopened as a legitimate Broadway theatre,” said Broadway In Detroit Executive Director Alan Lichtenstein. “And now, 842,400 minutes since our last performance, we’re ready to begin a new era of Broadway performances with one of Detroit’s favorite shows, Rent. Ring the bells, flash the lights, our intermission is coming to an end.”
Performances of the Tony Award winning show will take place on Oct. 19-24.
Tickets for “Rent” are $39 and up and will go on sale Friday, June 25, at Ticketmaster and in person at the Fisher Theatre Box Office. Group discounts of 10 or more are available on Broadway In Detroit’s website right here.
“Rent” will be joining the following four season extra shows in Broadway In Detroit’s 2021-2022 season:
- Jersey Boys: Dec. 14-19, 2021 at Music Hall
- Beautiful - The Carole King Musical: Jan. 4-9, 2022 at the Fisher Theatre
- Disney’s The Lion King: Jan. 27-Feb. 20, 2022 at the Detroit Opera House
- Summer: The Donna Summer Musical: March 8-20, 2022 at the Fisher Theatre
Officials say tickets will go on sale at a later date.
There are six main shows in the Broadway In Detroit series this upcoming season:
- Pretty Woman: Nov. 2-14 at the Fisher Theatre
- Hadestown: Nov. 23-Dec. 5 at the Fisher Theatre
- What The Constitution Means To Me: Dec. 14-Jan. 2 at the Fisher Theatre
- Hairspray: Jan. 18-30, 2022 at the Fisher Theatre
- An Officer and a Gentleman: Feb. 1-13, 2022 at the Fisher Theatre
- Ain’t Too Proud: Aug. 8-28, 2022 at the Detroit Opera House
Season subscribers will be the first to purchase tickets to the extra performances. Subscriptions for the 2021-22 season start at $319 for a ticket to the six shows in the series. For more information on the season subscription, visit Broadway In Detroit’s website here.
Individual tickets and group sales for those six productions will go on sale at a future date.
Prior to the performances, guests will receive a Broadway in Detroit health and safety guide with information on what to expect when arriving at the theater as well as Broadway In Detroit’s cleaning, air filtration and safety protocols.
More: Entertainment news