Rite Aid is one of the Federal Retail Pharmacy Partners, allowing it to receive COVID-19 vaccine allocation from the federal government.
Rites Aid locations in six states, including Michigan, and two other jurisdictions will have the vaccine available. They will administer vaccinations at the store locations.
How to schedule an appointment
In Michigan, appointments cannot be made through specific Rite Aid stores.
Here’s what you need to do to schedule a COVID-19 vaccine appointment at a Michigan Rite Aid:
- Go here: ritea.id/michigan
- When you’re there, Rite Aid will ask you to fill out a vaccine qualification form.
- If you qualify, you will be able to choose from a list of available appointments at different locations in the state.
- If you’re receiving one of the two-dose vaccines (Pfizer and Moderna), Rite Aid says your Dose 2 appointment will be automatically scheduled to ensure there is a second dose available to you.
Do you qualify?
- *Ages 50+ with pre-existing medical conditions or disabilities
- *Pre-K – 12th grade educators & staff
- *Childcare workers
- *Healthcare workers
- Long-term care facility residents and staff
- Pharmacy staff
- Corrections staff
*Rite Aid is prioritizing these groups.
Moreover, starting March 22 people aged 16 and up who have disabilities and/or medical conditions, as well as their caregiver family members and guardians, will be eligible for the vaccine. March 22 originally was the date that vaccination of people who are aged 50 and up would be allowed. However, that’s now expanding to the select residents 16 and up.
Walgreens is also offering a similar vaccine appointment service -- go here.
Michiganders need to complete an eligibility screening before seeking a COVID-19 vaccination appointment at a Walgreens store in the state.
Meijer has COVID-19 vaccination clinics at stores across Michigan. Participants must be registered through the retailer’s online system in order to be scheduled for a vaccine. To register, patients can text COVID to 75049, go online at clinic.meijer.com or simply visit their local Meijer pharmacy and ask to register.
Meijer encourages anyone interested in receiving the vaccine to register, as the retailer intends to eventually offer the vaccine to all Michiganders eligible via the CDC guidelines in the coming weeks and months.