- Jan. 25, 2007 -- Stephen Grant sends e-mails to ex-girlfriend while Tara Grant is on a business a trip in London.
- Feb. 4, 2007 -- Tara Grant speaks with her mother and mentions she is looking forward to a vacation because she is tired from work.
- Feb. 9, 2007 -- Tara Grant returns from her business trip in Puerto Rico. Stephen Grant says this is the last time he saw her. Stephen Grant says they had an argument over Tara's returning to Puerto Rico. He says the last time he saw her, she got into what he thought was a Metro Car.
- Feb. 12, 2007 -- Tara Grant never boards her flight to Puerto Rico. Stephen Grant says he called her company's offices in Puerto Rico and spoke with the man he suspected was having an affair with his wife.
- Feb. 14, 2007 -- Stephen Grant reports his wife missing and talks with police for the first time.
- Feb. 15, 2007 -- Police arrest Stephen Grant on suspicion of driving on a suspended license.
- Feb. 19, 2007 -- Local 4 talks to Tara Grant's mother, Mary Destrampe, of Ohio. "I feel helpless," Destrampe said. "I don't know what to do."
- Feb. 20, 2007 -- Stephen Grant refuses a polygraph test. Grant's attorney, David Griem, says Stephen Grant would reconsider if someone other than the Macomb County Sheriff's Department administered it. Griem says Stephen Grant felt he was being harassed by the Macomb County Sheriff's Department.
- Feb. 21, 2007 -- The Macomb County Sheriff's Department holds its first news conference about Tara Grant to offer updated details to members of the media. Macomb County Sheriff Mark Hackel announces plans to hold a news conference every day until Tara Grant is found. During the news conference, investigators introduce series of e-mails between Stephen Grant and an ex-girlfriend.
- Feb. 22, 2007 -- During a news conference, investigators announce they will begin ground search. Stephen Grant tells police he heard his wife on the phone the night of her disappearance telling someone she'd meet them at the end of their driveway. Hackel says records show no phone calls were made from her cell phone or the Grants' home phone.
- Feb. 22, 2007 -- Local 4 talks to Stephen Grant's attorney, Griem. Griem says his client is an emotional wreck over the disappearance of his wife and feels mistreated by the Macomb County Sheriff's Department. Hackel says Grant named himself the No. 1 suspect. Local 4 talks to Tara Grant's sister, Alicia Standerfer, of Ohio. She says it was a tough day for her family when they heard a ground search would begin. "I know what they're looking for, and that end result is something I have been trying to keep out of my mind," she says.
- Feb. 23, 2007 -- Stephen Grant brings two home computers to the Macomb County Sheriff's Department for authorities to inspect.
- Feb. 24, 2007 -- A ground search is conducted at Stoney Creek Metro Park and a 3-mile area surrounding the Grant home by 150 police personnel with search dogs, all-terrain vehicles, and air units.
- Feb. 25, 2007 -- The search for Tara Grant makes national headlines.
- Feb. 26, 2007 -- A hotline, 800-690-FIND, and Web site are established to help encourage tips.
- March 1, 2007 -- Rescue 4 obtains a copy of the police report from the night Stephen Grant was pulled over and arrested for driving on a suspended license. According to the police report, two envelopes of money are discovered by officers with a total of $4,000 inside.
- March 1, 2007 -- Other searches are conducted near Escanaba, where Tara Grant's family has a cabin in Rock. Investigators decide to look there in case Tara Grant possibly retreated for some quiet time and also to look for evidence of foul play. Local 4's Kevin Dietz talks to some of Tara Grant's friends and classmates. Tara Grant grew up in Rock and attended Mid-Peninsula High School, where she was a cheerleader.
March 2, 2007 -- Detectives obtain a court-ordered search warrant for the Grant home and Stephen Grant's place of business. Investigators find what they said was a torso believed to be that of Tara Lynn Grant. Local 4 has exclusive video of the search and video of Stephen Grant as he walks the dog away from the home.
March 3, 2007 -- Macomb County Sheriff's Department announced they found body parts in the Grant home. A manhunt began to find Stephen Grant. Sheriff announced he will be seeking murder charges against Grant. Investigators said Grant made call to sister to check on children. Call is traced to Wilderness State Park in northern Michigan.
March 4, 2007 -- Grant is captured hiding out in Wilderness State Park around 6:50 a.m. Grant is airlifted to Northern Michigan Hospital treated for frostbite and hypothermia. Investigators, with help of K-9 dogs find more remains of Tara Lynn Grant in Stoney Creek Park in Shelby Township. Stephen Grant's attorney David Griem stepped aside as his attorney stating irreconcilable differences.
- March 5, 2007 -- Stephen Grant confesses to police for his role in the killing and dismemberment of Tara Lynn Grant. Hospital spokesman announces Grant will be released from hospital. Macomb County Sheriff Mark Hackel said Grant will be returned to Macomb County Monday and is expected to be arraigned Tuesday.