DETROIT – An explosion likely caused by natural gas destroyed the Street Royalty Motorcycle Club's building overnight on Detroit's west side.
The explosion happened about midnight at the building on Dexter Avenue at Webb Street. Firefighters arrived to the smell of natural gas. DTE Energy workers rushed to shut off the gas line. It's unclear what caused the gas leak and what sparked the explosion.
Arson investigators from the Detroit Fire Department were sifting through the debris Wednesday morning.
No one was inside the building at the time of the explosion, and no injuries were reported.
Explosion at a motorcycle club on Detroit's west side. Nick Monacelli is showing live video.Posted by WDIV Local 4 / ClickOnDetroit on Wednesday, September 20, 2017