55ºF

Woman injured in Southfield house fire caused by cooking

A woman was injured Nov. 23, 2017 after a house fire in Southfield. (WDIV)
A woman was injured Nov. 23, 2017 after a house fire in Southfield. (WDIV)

SOUTHFIELD, Mich. – A woman was injured Thursday afternoon after a house fire in Southfield.

Authorities said the woman was cooking on the stove at the home on Martha Washington Drive, near Mount Vernon Street, at about 1:30 p.m. when her husband left to go to the store. She went upstairs, and when she came back down, there was a fire.

Authorities said the woman suffered minor injuries and was transported to a hospital.


About the Author: