5 people taken to hospital with carbon monoxide poisoning from home on Detroit's west side

High levels of carbon monoxide found at house on Forrer Street

Officials respond to a house on Forrer Street because of high carbon monoxide levels on Feb. 1, 2019. (WDIV)

DETROIT – Five people were taken to the hospital Friday with carbon monoxide poisoning from a house on Detroit's west side, police said.

High levels of carbon monoxide were detected at a house in the 7500 block of Forrer Street near Greenfield Road and Tireman Avenue, according to officials.

Detroit firefighters took two people to the hospital, and when doctors noticed high levels of carbon monoxide, firefighters and medical officials returned to the house and took three more patients to the hospital, according to authorities.

No additional information has been released.

Officials said there were high levels of carbon monoxide at this home on Forrer Street on Detroit's west side on Feb. 1, 2019. (WDIV)
Firefighters took five people to the hospital with carbon monoxide poisoning from this home on Forrer Streeet on Feb. 1, 2019. (WDIV)

About the Author:

Derick is the Lead Digital Editor for ClickOnDetroit and has been with Local 4 News since April 2013. Derick specializes in breaking news, crime and local sports.