ClickOnDetroit National Report -- Friday, Feb. 1, 2019
Tennessee woman slams beer while being arrested
A Tennessee woman was arrested after leading police on a chase January 21. Dashcam video obtained by WBIR showed the woman chugging a beer in front of deputies before being placed in handcuffs.
Around the country:
- Wisconsin: A 14-year-old girl who disappeared from Tennessee more than two weeks ago has been found alive in Wisconsin and her father is now charged with rape, authorities said Thursday. Read more.
- Texas: Every Catholic diocese in Texas has released the names of all priests, deacons and other clergy members accused of sexually abusing children in the past decades. Read more.
- Chicago: When a fire forced dozens of homeless people to leave their tents in Chicago's South Loop neighborhood, a Good Samaritan paid to put them up in hotel rooms. Read more.
- California: A Silicon Valley eatery said patrons won't be served if they are wearing a 'Make America Great Again' baseball cap. Read more.
Meet the man who created Black History Month
February marks Black History Month, a federally recognized, nationwide celebration that calls on all Americans to reflect on the significant roles that African-Americans have played in shaping US history. But how did this celebration come to be -- and why does it happen in February?
Starting today, girls can join the Boy Scouts
As of Friday, the organization's older youth program, "Boy Scouts," will be called "Scouts BSA" -- a change meant to welcome both boys and girls between the ages of 11 and 17.
Border agency announces largest fentanyl bust in history
US Customs and Border Protection made the largest seizure of fentanyl in the agency's history on Saturday at the Nogales port of entry on the US-Mexico border, Port Director Michael Humphries announced Thursday.
Cory Booker announces he is running for president
Sen. Cory Booker, a New Jersey Democrat who rose to prominence as Newark's charismatic and ambitious mayor, announced Friday that he is running for president.
More POLITICS headlines:
- White House security official suspended, alleges boss broke rules
- Howard Schultz kicks off potential bid to unseat Trump
- White House prioritizes opioid abuse in first national drug strategy
- New Sanders tax plan targets estates of the ultra-rich
- Trump signs measure aimed at bolstering 'Buy American' initiative
- Mueller team collects Roger Stone evidence spanning years
- Vice to lay off 10% of workforce
- Patriots fan heads to Atlanta for his 53rd Super Bowl
- Letter with white powder sent to 'Empire' set days before attack
Copyright 2018 by WDIV ClickOnDetroit - All rights reserved.