More fireworks 🎆 and a list of summer weekend events! 🕶️ 🥏
"This photo embodies the true spirit of summer and family in Michigan." -- Darren Patrick/StormPins
We're headed back to 90 degrees today. Expect some scattered afternoon thundershowers -- we've been stuck in this pattern for days now.
There may be some rain tonight into Saturday. This weekend will be warm, too, with temperatures in the 80s and more chances for some rain.
We hope everyone is enjoying time with family during this holiday weekend!
Check the latest forecast at ClickOnDetroit.com/WeatherCenter.
There will be some traffic heading up I-75 today as vcationers head Up North. There is no real notable construction, other than the Oakland County I-75 mess that we're all too familiar with.
If you are heading out of town be safe. Be a defensive and courteous motorist.
Always check the live Traffic Map here.
🎆 More Fireworks! 🎆
If you didn’t get a chance to see fireworks on the 4th or before, it’s not too late. Greenfield Village has them today and tomorrow. Here are the event details. The Detroit Symphony Orchestra will be playing, too!
Michigan Rib Fest 🐖
The 5th annual Michigan Rib Fest is today at Canterbury Village in Lake Orion. This will feature 15 pit masters -- six that tour nationally -- pig races, weiner dog races, wonster truck rides, kids zone, vendor village, and live entertainment all weekend.
The fair gets going today with prehistoric adventures -- walking and stationary dinosaur rides! Take the family out for a great time!
Pro Disc Golf Tour 🥏⛳
Maybe you have some time to check out a new sport today. Well guess what: Pro disc golf is coming to southeast Michigan this weekend. Kensington Metropark will host The Discraft Great Lakes Open today through Sunday -- one leg of the 2019 Disc Golf Pro Tour (DGPT). The tournament is in its 39th year and is one of 10 DGPT events that take place around the country. This is the second time that Kensington is hosting the competition.
🗓️ Here's what's on the calendar:
- Today -- Camaro Superfest in Ypsilanti
- Today -- Fast Cars and Fireworks at the Milan Dragway
- Today -- Southfield's Summer in the City concert
- Today -- Concerts in the Park in Clarkston
- Today -- Jennifer Lopez brings her “It’s My Party” tour to Little Caesar’s Arena
- Today -- Snoop Dogg plays the Aretha Franklin Amphitheatre
- Today -- Weird Al Yankovich is at Meadowbrook
- July 18-21 -- Ann Arbor Art Fair -- here's what to know
- July 20 -- Jeff Lynne's ELO at Little Caesars Arena
- July 21 -- Taco Showdown Detroit 2019 at Eastern Market
- July 22 -- Taste Fest 2019 at Jimmy Johns Field
- July 23 -- NAACP National Convention Diversity Career Fair at Cobo Center
- July 26 -- Ypsilanti Summer Beer Festival
- July 27-28 -- MO POP Festival 2019
- July 30-31 -- The second Democratic presidential primary debate will be held in Detroit.
Check the Live Guide calendar for more local events, and post your own.
The next round of our Cassic Rock Bracket will start next week -- vote now!
Exclusive Deal: 50% off tickets to the Renaissance Festival ⚔️♞
It's available for a limited-time - you can only buy these tickets for a 50% discount through Aug. 17.
Here's a link to learn more about the 2019 Renaissance Festival. This year's festival runs weekends and Labor Day, Aug. 17 to Sept. 29. The fun all happens at 12600 Dixie Hwy, Holly, MI 48442 (Map)
Adventure awaits! Purchase your half-off tickets here!
📷 Today's Featured Photo: "This photo embodies the true spirit of summer and family in Michigan." -- Darren Patrick/StormPins
Submit your photo:
Copyright 2019 by WDIV ClickOnDetroit - All rights reserved.