🌇 A beautiful sunset view from Belle Isle (Dave Klein/WDIV)
We are getting used to this comfortably cool weather. What a magnificent weekend we had!
Get ready for some wet weather this week. Today, a warm front approaches. Showers and thunderstorms are expected to be scattered by late afternoon and at night.
Check the latest forecast at ClickOnDetroit.com/WeatherCenter.
A few things to watch out for today on major routes:
- NB Stephenson Hwy (I-75 SD) from Hudson Ave to Harwood Ave left lane closed for construction
- NB I-75 from M-102 (8 Mile Rd) to I-696 right lane closed for construction -- through Sept. 10
- SB I-75 Service Drive ramp to SB I-75 closed for maintenance
- WB Featherstone Rd at I-75 closed for construction
- WB I-94 ramp to Middlebelt Rd closed for maintenance
- SB Middle Belt Rd ramp to WB I-94 closed for construction
- NB Middle Belt Rd ramp to EB I-94 closed for construction
- NB M-24 ramp to I-75 closed for construction
- SB Adams Rd at M-59 right lane closed for maintenance
🚧 Check the live Traffic Map here.
Want to run Ambassador Bridge? Deadline to register is today 🏃♀️
Thinking of taking a run? The registration deadline for the international portions of the annual Detroit Marathon is TODAY at 11:59 p.m. Register here. You could be running through two countries soon!
Tigers summer baseball and softball camp ⚾
The Detroit Tigers Youth Baseball and Softball Camp is a week-long baseball and softball camp. Every camper will be given a full, MLB quality Detroit Tigers uniform (jersey, pants, hat and belt), four Tigers tickets to one of several Tigers Camper reunion games, keepsake graduation certificate commemorating the inaugural year of the Detroit Tigers Baseball Camp.
Where: University Liggett School -- 1045 Cook Road, Grosse Pointe Woods, MI 48236
FREE back-to-school haircut 💇
If you need to get the kids a sharp new haircut before school starts, and you want to save money, MY SALON Suite of Northville says Kids age K-5th grade can receive a free haircut when $5 or more worth of school supplies is donated (limited to one free haircut per donation). Items can include paper, notebooks, crayons, glue, etc. Donations will be given to Northville Elementary Schools.
We are in round two of the bracket that aims to answer the question: Who did Detroit sports fans despise the most? Claude Lemieux? Brett Favre? Michael Jordan?!? Vote here.
🗓️ Here's what's on the calendar:
- Aug. 29 -- Michigan State Fair begins 🎡
- Aug. 29 -- Romeo Peach Festival begins 🍑
- Aug. 30 -- Michigan State football opener vs. Tulsa 🏈
- Aug. 30 -- Arts, Beats and Eats weekend 🖼️ 🎶 🍔
- Aug. 31 -- Detroit Jazz Festival kicks off 🎷
- Aug. 31 -- Michigan football opener vs. Middle Tenn. State 🏈
- Sept. 2 -- 🇺🇸 Labor Day
- Sept. 7 -- Dally in the Alley in Midtown 🍻
- Sept. 8 -- Detroit Lions open season in Arizona 🏈
- Sept. 13 -- Red Wings training camp in Traverse City 🏒
- Sept. 28 -- Founders Detroit: Outer Limits Party 🍺
Check the Live Guide calendar for more local events, and post your own.
51 years ago: The Beatles take a sad song and make it better 🎶🎶
Today in 1968: The "Hey Jude" single is released by the Beatles (Billboard Song of the Year 1968, Billboard 10th biggest song of all time 2013).
And anytime you feel the pain
Hey Jude, refrain
Don't carry the world upon your shoulders
For well you know that it's a fool
Who plays it cool
By making his world a little colder
Na-na-na, na, na
Hear ye, hear ye! We are now offering $5 off tickets to the Renaissance Festival! This year's festival runs weekends and Labor Day, Aug. 17 to Sept. 29. The fun all happens at 12600 Dixie Hwy, Holly, MI 48442.
Adventure awaits! Purchase your discounted tickets here!
📷 Today's Featured Photo: Today's photo comes from our own Local 4 photographer Dave Klein, who was biking along Belle Isle the other night and captured this stunning view of the sunset. 🌇
Submit your photo:
- Hit us up on Instagram -- @local4news
Send us a News Tip here.