William G. Milliken State Park and Harbor boasts a 63-foot lighthouse, which is a scaled down replica of the recently renovated lighthouse at Tawas Point State Park, originally built in 1876. Tawas Point Lighthouse is the sole representative of a true Victorian-era style station built on the Great Lakes. Photo: @colindetroit
It'll be a wet morning commute around town, but we'll be drying out this afternoon. Rain and storms will likely return late tonight and Friday morning, which could make for another sloppy commute.
Check the latest forecast at ClickOnDetroit.com/WeatherCenter.
- WB M-14 at Sheldon Rd left lane closed for construction through Friday.
- EB I-96 ramp to Evergreen closed for maintenance -- through the end of the year.
- NB US-24 (Telegraph Rd) ramp to EB I-696 closed for maintenance through the weekend.
- WB M-29 (23 Mile Rd) ramp to EB I-94 closed for maintenance through the weekend.
🚧 Check the live Traffic Map here.
Seven Michigan school districts will get electric buses this year. On Thursday, we'll get our first look at how they work. The buses are part of a program that supports cleaner air, alternative fuel options, and a safer environment for children.
Owner Jeff Katofsky will be opening the doors to the media for an exclusive tour of the renovations and major expansion of the historic St. Clair Inn. The renovation plans were first announced in 2017.
Adventure Park opens at Oakland University 🧗♀️
The aerial adventure park is the perfect outdoor adventure for birthday parties, team building, school field trips, and special corporate events. With over 60 exciting obstacles and zip lines, three difficulty levels and five different trails there is an adventure for all ages and most mobility levels. A grand opening celebration and ribbon cutting is planned for Thursday afternoon.
Featuring: Show goers will be impressed with the mile-long floorplan of the Metro Boat Show, with more than 100 slips filled with hundreds of boats, and on-land displays with everything you need for boating. It runs through Sept. 15 at Lake St. Clair Metropark.
🗓️ Here's what's on the calendar:
- Sept. 14 -- 18th Annual Tour de Troit 🚴
- Sept. 15 -- Detroit Lions home opener against Chargers 🏈
- Sept. 17 -- Detroit Red Wings begin preseason 🏒
- Sept. 19 -- Eastern Market After Dark 🎉
- Sept. 20 -- Funky Ferndale Art Fair 🎭
- Sept. 28 -- Avril Lavigne at Fox Theatre 🎤
- Oct. 1 -- Phil Collins at LCA 🎤
- Oct. 5 -- The Black Keys at LCA 🎤
Check the Live Guide calendar for more local events, and post your own.
National Video Games Day 🎮
Depending on your age, you will likely have different favorite video games (or not know what video games are at all). For me, it was the Nintendo 64 James Bond games, along with Madden, NBA Street and Super Mario. I'll throw in Tony Hawk Pro Skater. What's your all-time favorite video game? Tweet us and let us know! @Local4News
Hear ye, hear ye! We are now offering $5 off tickets to the Renaissance Festival! This year's festival runs weekends and Labor Day, Aug. 17 to Sept. 29. The fun all happens at 12600 Dixie Hwy, Holly, MI 48442.
Adventure awaits! Purchase your discounted tickets here!
Submit your photo:
- Hit us up on Instagram -- @local4news
Send us a News Tip here.