A woman was dragged along a Rome metro platform after the strap of her bag got stuck in the subway door. The incident was captured on CCTV.
The woman attempts to board the subway when the doors close on her bag. She is unable to free herself and gets dragged along the platform as onlookers desperately signal for the train to stop.
The woman was allegedly not pulled into the tunnel.
Watch the video above.
According to the BBC, the 43-year-old woman was left with broken bones and put into intensive care after the incident. Her condition has since improved.
The train driver is seen eating before pulling away. He did not know of the accident until he pulled into the next station.
Sensors in the door and several emergency levers on board that passengers attempted to pull allegedly failed in preventing the accident.
More NATIONAL/INTERNATIONAL headlines:
- Delta hits back after Ann Coulter tweetstorm
- $1 million in marijuana found in brand new Ford Fusions
- American citizen sentenced to 10 years in Iran on spying conviction
- 10 days of horror: The killings that stunned small-town Pennsylvania
- Baby sitter accused of breaking arm of boy, 3, who wet pants
- Australian woman fatally shot by police in Minneapolis
- Police pull Fords from service over carbon monoxide fears
Copyright 2017 by WDIV ClickOnDetroit - All rights reserved.