DETROIT – We all know what makes the Detroit International Riverwalk so special -- the miles of amazing shoreline, the views of Canada, the family-friendly events, the parks, picnic areas and more.
Now, our city’s gem is getting national attention from USA Today. The Detroit Riverwalk has recently been named to the national publication’s “10Best Readers’ Choice Awards 2021.”
The USA Today’s “10Best” editors and a panel of urban planning experts picked the top ten.
You can vote now to make the Detroit International Riverwalk number one by clicking here. Polls are open until noon on Monday, February 15th. A winner will be announced on Friday, February 26th.
According to published reports, 3.5 million people visit the Detroit Riverwalk every year.
The Detroit Riverfront Conservancy has invested more than $169 million in its revitalization.
Click here to explore all of the nominees.
Here’s a complete list:
- Bricktown in Oklahoma City
- Canal Walk in Indianapolis
- Charles River Esplanade in Boston
- Chicago Riverwalk
- Detroit International Riverwalk, Detroit
- Grand Rounds National Scenic Byway in Minneapolis
- Hudson River Park in New York City
- Idaho Falls River Walk
- Milwaukee Riverwalk
- Mississippi Riverwalk
- River Street in Savannah
- San Antonio Riverwalk
- Schuylkill River Trail in Philadelphia
- Smale Riverfront Park in Cincinnati
- Tennessee Riverpark in Chattanooga
- Three Rivers Heritage Trail in Pittsburgh
- Trinity Trains in Fort Worth
- Waterfront Park in Louisville
- Waterplace Park in Providence
- Wilmington Riverwalk in North Carolina
Share with us what you think makes the Detroit International Riverwalk so special in the comments.