Warren police officers said they tried to stop Willie Lee Allen, 29, of Detroit, while he was driving Monday (Jan. 2) on 8 Mile Road between Ryan and Mound roads.
Allen fled the scene in a Chevrolet Malibu, according to authorities. He eventually crashed into another vehicle and fled the Malibu on foot, police said.
While officers were chasing Allen, he turned and pointed a gun at them, they said. One Warren police officer fired his weapon at Allen.
Nobody was struck by gunfire.
Allen was taken into custody. Police said he was out on a personal bond from pending criminal charges in Wayne County.
“Thank God no one lost their life with this felon possessing a gun,” Macomb County Prosecutor Peter Lucido said. “It’s illegal and will be charged in Macomb County.”
Allen has been charged with the following:
- Third-degree fleeing a police officer -- a five-year felony
- Felon in possession of a firearm -- a five-year felony
- Carrying a concealed weapon -- a five-year felony
- Assault with a dangerous weapon -- a four-year felony
- Assaulting/resisting/obstructing a police officer -- a two-year felony
- Three felony firearm violations -- two-year felonies
- Operating with a suspended license -- a 93-day misdemeanor.
He was arraigned Wednesday in 37th District Court and given a $1 million bond, cash/surety, no 10%.
A probable cause conference is scheduled for 9:30 a.m. Jan. 12, and a preliminary examination is scheduled for Jan. 19.