MACOMB COUNTY, Mich. - Macomb County officials say County Clerk Karen Spranger is wasting time and resources to move computers she didn't want taken from her office.
The night shift security detail said Spranger, the Register of Deeds Jackie Ryan, another woman and a child were moving computers at about 9:45 p.m. last week because Spranger didn't want the computers moved from her office.
Staff found the computers hidden in another office.
"It's these types of unnecessary, time-consuming activities that are taking place almost every day," Macomb County Executive Mark Deldin said.
Deldin said the office environment is so bad that four supervisors have been put on leave in non-punitive ways or reassigned.
"The office environment is toxic," Deldin said.
Spranger is suing the county and the county is countersuing, alleging that she lied on her affidavit about where she lived when she filed to run for office. The suit could lead to her being removed from office.
Local 4 has been covering the Karen Spranger controversies over the last several months. Here are those stories:
- Employee calls 911 after Macomb County Clerk Karen Spranger asks to look through her purse
- Spranger accused of perjury over 'uninhabitable' home in Warren
- Spranger's employees working in fear after security removed
- Simple report turns heated between Spranger and county officials
- Spranger answers claims that her office is 'hostile work environment'
- Spranger caught hiding moving boxes to block move to new building
- Emails reveal another battle between Macomb County officials, clerk Karen Spranger
- Spranger seeks lawyer for court battle with Hackel
- Spranger faces residency controversy
- Macomb County clerk hides in bathroom to avoid questions about dispute with county board
Copyright 2017 by WDIV ClickOnDetroit - All rights reserved.