Last year some events were canceled due to the COVID pandemic. Festivities include the coronation of the Lilac Festival Queen, Court and Princess, Lilac Festival poster reveal, daily walking tours and planting sessions with a lilac expert. There will also be a Lilac Festival Run/Walk and the Michigan Cornhole Tournament.
List of festival events
- The Coronation of the Lilac Festival Queen and unveiling of the Lilac Festival Poster is set for Friday (June 4) at 5 p.m. at Marquette Park.
- The Lilac Run and Walk at Mission Point is set for Saturday (June 5) at 8 a.m. until 9:30 a.m. at the Mission Point Resort. Click here for more information.
- The Lil’ Lilac Kids’ Race is scheduled for Saturday (June 5) at 11:15 a.m. at Mackinac Island Public School.
- A walking tour with lilac expert Jeff Young is set for June 5 through the 13 at multiple locations and times. The event will be ticketed and have limited availability. Call the Mackinac Island Tourism Bureau office at 906-847-8088 to reserve your tickets.
- The Michigan Cornhole Tournament begins at 10 a.m. on Saturday (June 5) at the Mission Point Resort. Click here for more information about the tournament.
Certain events have been canceled due to the COVID pandemic. The canceled events include the West Michigan Bootscooter’s dance, Mackin-Paw Dog Day and Grand Stationary Parade.
More information is available on the Mackinac Island Tourism website.