DETROIT - Detroit police provided an update Monday on their investigation into a serial killer on the city's east side.
Chief James Craig spoke around 12:30 p.m. Monday. You can watch the full news conference in the video below.
On Friday afternoon, Deangelo Martin, 34, who is considered a person of interest in the case, was arrested. Chief James Craig said Martin is a homeless man known to frequent the area where bodies of three women were found.
Martin was taken into custody in the area of 7 Mile Road and Gratiot Avenue about 7:30 p.m. Friday evening.
Martin has been charged with one count of assault with intent to murder and four counts of first-degree criminal sexual assault in a separate case, police said.
The Wayne County Prosecutor's Office said Sunday that they have a warrant for unnamed man.
- Nancy Harrison - Body discovered on March 19 on Coventry Street -- she is considered the first victim.
- Travesene Ellis - Body discovered on May 24 on Linnhurst Street -- she is considered the second victim.
- Tamara M. Jones, who was found in a vacant house on Mack Avenue on Wednesday, June 5.
- Anyone with information needs to contact police at 313-596-2260.
- Missing woman last seen with person of interest in Detroit serial killer investigation
- Detroit police link deaths of 3 women to possible serial killer targeting sex workers
- Detroit police believe serial killer is targeting sex workers on city's east side
- Detroit police look for possible serial killer targeting sex workers
- What we know: Detroit police investigating potential serial killer, rapist targeting sex workers
- Community working to protect women from potential serial killer in Detroit
Copyright 2019 by WDIV ClickOnDetroit - All rights reserved.