If you need something to warm you up in the middle of February, then an annual event at the University of Detroit Mercy could be a great option.
On Feb. 4, UDM is hosting Titan Winter Blast, an event with indoor and outdoor activities. Some of the activities include the following:
- A chili cook-off.
- Live music by the Detroit Mercy Music Club.
- Buffet featuring coney dogs from National Coney Island.
- Open beer and wine bar, featuring craft beers from North Center Brewing Co.
- Horse-drawn trolley rides through campus (25 seats per time slot, must reserve a time slot in advance).
- Hot cocoa bar and cookie decorating station.
- Fowling, a Detroit staple, brought to you.
- Numerous games and activities, including cornhole, snowman can toss, face painting and kid’s winter-themed crafts.
The activities start at 11 a.m. and will take place at the Student Fitness Center. The tailgate will end at 1 p.m., when the men’s basketball team will be playing Purdue Fort Wayne at Calihan Hall.
Admission includes tastings at chili cook-off, open beer and wine bar, picnic buffet, all family friendly activities and entertainment, and ticket to the men’s basketball game.
Cost is $5 for students ($10 after Jan. 26), $20 for alumni, faculty, staff and guests ($25 after Jan. 26), while children 10 and under are free.
Visit this website for more information or to register for the event.