DETROIT – The NFL’s free agency negotiating period opened Monday before the league’s new year begins on Wednesday. We’re tracking the latest Lions news ahead of the official start of the offseason.
Teams are now allowed to negotiate with the agents of upcoming unrestricted free agents during the “Two Day Negotiating Period.” Free agency itself starts when the NFL League Year does (in 2022: 4 p.m. ET on March 16), while team spending is limited by the annual salary cap ($208.2 million in 2022).
We’re tracking the latest Detroit Lions free agency news and rumors, along with updates from around the league.
- Lions will reportedly bring back pass rusher Charles Harris on a 2-year deal.
- Mike Garafolo reports the Lions are bringing back QB Tim Boyle on 1-year deal.
- The Lions are expected to release DE Trey Flowers on Wednesday.
- The Detroit Lions announced that they have re-signed LB Alex Anzalone, S Jalen Elliott, LB Shaun Dion Hamilton and S C.J. Moore.
- Lions are reportedly bringing back safety Tracy Walker on a 3-year deal.
- Lions are re-signing center Evan Brown.