DETROIT – Here is the Metro Detroit weather forecast update for June 9, 2021 afternoon and evening.
Isolated shower, storm chances Wednesday - Friday
- Not as widespread as Tuesday, but there are a few isolated showers out there this afternoon.
- Chances continue until just before sunset, also could be a rumble of thunder as well.
- Thursday: It looks like the action will stay mainly to our south, but the south zone could get a shower or two.
- Friday: The chances look pretty slim, but still can’t be completely ruled out.
Going from muggy to more comfortable
- Still feeling hot and heavy out there, but by Sunday it’s going to feel a lot better.
- Saturday: Few evening showers and storms.
- Sunday: Looking better!
Annular solar eclipse Thursday morning
- The sun rises at 5:55 a.m. the eclipse will already be happening. The maximum of the eclipse for us is at 5:58 a.m. About half of the sun will be eclipsed by the moon. The eclipse for us ends at 6:37 a.m.
- The earliest sunrise that we see is on Monday (June 14)
- The sun will rise at 5:56 a.m. at Romulus. (5:54 a.m. at Detroit).
Normal high at 80 degrees
- Monday (June 14) is also the day that we see the normal high reach 80 degrees.