DETROIT – Here is the Metro Detroit weather forecast update for March 14, 2022, afternoon and evening.
Few Drops Monday night/early Tuesday
- There’s some light rain falling to our northwest Monday afternoon. While we can’t rule out some light rain or drizzle in the evening, we should, for the most part, stay dry until late Monday night and early Tuesday morning. Even then, it’s just light stuff with minimal impact.
St. Patrick’s Day 60s
- A warming trend continues most of this week, peaking Thursday with highs in the mid-60s.
- While there is a cooldown this weekend, it’s not bad at all. The lowest high temperature in the forecast is in the upper 40s Saturday -- not too shabby.
More rain late this week
- A few showers look possible Thursday, but a better chance for rain comes later Friday into early Saturday morning. Given the temperature profile early Saturday, we can’t rule out a little wintry mix, as well.
Daylight over 12 hours
- Thursday (March 17 -- St. Patrick’s Day) is the first day in a long while that we’ll see 12 hours plus of daylight.
Spring starts this weekend
- The spring equinox is at 11:33 a.m. Sunday (March 20).