DETROIT – Here is the Metro Detroit weather forecast update for March 15, 2022, afternoon and evening.
Few showers Tuesday afternoon
- A few light showers are moving in from the west Tuesday afternoon. This is expected to be light stuff with minimal impact, but the windshield wipers will be used until around 4 p.m., when the rain exits.
60s come back
- We’re in the 40s on Tuesday afternoon, but warmer temperatures are on the horizon.
- With the exception of Saturday, every other day in the forecast is warmer.
- Temperatures in the lower 60s on Wednesday, then mid-60s Thursday, then 50s next week.
More rain late this week
- Rain chances Thursday are pretty slim, but can’t be completely ruled out.
- It’s still looking like later Friday into Saturday will bring our next really high chance of rain.
Daylight over 12 hours
- Thursday (March 17 -- St. Patrick’s Day) is the first day in a long while that we’ll see 12 hours plus of daylight.
Spring starts this weekend
- The spring equinox is at 11:33 a.m. Sunday (March 20).