ANN ARBOR – Throughout the month of January, visits to local restaurants for outdoor dining or curbside pick up can earn you a chance to win prizes.
Launched by downtown area associations in partnership with getDowntown’s Conquer the Cold challenge, the effort hopes to bring more business to downtown establishments during this slow time of year.
How it works:
- Once in the app, select the Conquer the Cold Challenge.
- Log your dining trips downtown.
- Win badges and prizes based on participation.
Users who earn 40 points a week will automatically be entered to win a $50 gift card. A winner will be drawn each week.
The challenge is sponsored by ShowYourLoveA2, an initiative by the downtown area associations to bolster support for local restaurants and shops.
Here’s the breakdown of categories in the Comfort Food Challenge by date:
- Jan. 8-10: Chili Slow Roll
- Jan. 15-17: Soup Hop & Hops
- Jan. 22-24: Pot Pie Pile On
- Jan. 29-31: Chef’s Best Winter Dish
- Avalon Cafe and Kitchen
- Bløm Meadworks
- Cahoots Cafe
- Chop House
- Conor O’Neill’s
- EAT Kerrytown
- Frita Batidos
- Grizzly Peak
- Jolly Pumpkin
- La Taqueria
- Mighty Good Coffee
- Old Town
- Ravens Club
- Real Seafood
- Regents Field
- Shalimar Restaurant
- Sweetwaters Coffee and Tea, Liberty & Washington Location
- The Grotto - Watering Hole
- The Original Cottage Inn
- Thrive Juicery, Stadium Location
- Washtenaw Dairy
- Zingerman’s Deli
- Zingerman’s Roadhouse
To see featured dishes from the Comfort Food Challenge, click here.
Shopping at local businesses can also earn you points and prizes. See all participating shops here.